Makeup is no different than clothes and accessories – it’s embellishments for your face. And it also gives you creative freedom. You get to have that moment in front the mirror every morning and give yourself self-love. You’re making yourself up beautiful, which is essentially self-love.
You rarely see me without make up. It is something I enjoy doing and something that makes me feel better. My skin is in no way bad and I could probably go without make up, but just adding that layer of foundation, a bit of blush and mascara and you feel like new.
And as Michelle Phan describes it, it is a way of self-love, taking some time for yourself and using make-up as a form of creativeness.
I have a pretty set and simple routine and don’t tend to use too many products. So this post will be short and sweet. Here are my current favorite products:
- First things first: primer. I am using the Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer £12.99.
- I tend to use different foundations and I am always on the hunt for the perfect shade. However, the foundation I always seem to go back to is the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation, currently in Cameo £7.99.
- This concealer is life. I got it for my birthday two weeks ago and it blew my mind. Great coverage and texture, I’m loving it: Benefit Bo-ing Brightening Concealer. Very tempted to try the Airbrush Concealer as well. At £17.50 on the more expensive side, but as it seems it will last me for a long time.
- I am in love with the Benefit Dandelion line and the oldie but goodie posie tint. I like to keep my complexion ‘rosey’ as I feel it goes best with my skin and hair color. And I just simply love pink! Again probably not the cheapest products ranging at around £24 per item, but they will last you a while.
- Posie tint
- Dandelion Dew Liquid Blush
- On to the lips my all time favorite lipstick is the Chanel Coco Rouge Shine lipstick in 91 – Boheme £28. It is an intense pink color but rather than being matte, the color is sheer and shiny and can be build up in intensity.
- Another lipstick and latest addition is the Rituals Lip Shine in Cotton Candy £13.50. Very similar to the Chanel Coco Rouge but half the price.
- And last but not least: the eyes. I like to keep them simple with just mascara and cat-eye eyeliner look. The mascara I am using is the Maybelline Colossal Mascara in 100% Black £6.99.
- The cat eye look is achieved with my trusty Essence Liquid Eyeliner £2.50.
And that’s my daily look done!
See you next time,